We are offering a $10,000.00 Sign on Bonus
for our 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
to perform preventative maintenance on our fleet of garbage trucks and heavy equipment machines at our site in South Austin, Texas.
Individuals with 1+ years experience working on heavy diesel trucks or those that have completed a Diesel Technology program are encouraged to apply.
This position has a 3:30PM start time, 8-10 hour shift, with occasional overtime. Great pay, benefits and lots of room for growth!
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Preferably 1+ year experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of a diesel tech program or good attitude, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic is a preferred quality.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit or call Serina Garcia at .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)