Who is pep:
pep started with 7 employees, a borrowed conference room, and an idea to fill a void in the marketing services space. Today we ve grown to over 200 people and we are an industry leader in consumer activation, serving some of the top Fortune 500 companies. We ve managed over $5 billion in marketing spend for over 750 brands and pride ourselves on a client retention rate of 98%.
Our company has evolved since we started 18 years ago, but there is one thing that has remained a constant. at pep, we put people first. Our core values of accountability, excellence, ingenuity, people, and tenacity guide our interactions, decisions, and drive our culture. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment where every member of our team feels seen, cared for, and has the support they need to thrive. And our tremendous growth provides our people with many new career and development opportunities along with the flexibility to pursue their professional goals.
We re looking for teammates who are driven, eager to learn, agile, positive, and client focused to join and contribute to our team. We enjoy a hybrid work model and competitive salary based on experience. If this sounds like you and you want to be a part of something special, then click below to apply.
At pep we value our team and offer:
- Generous Time Off
- Robust Health and Wellness Plan
- Family Support
- Mentorship Program
- 401K Match
- Role Autonomy
- Certification Reimbursement and Ongoing Training
- Enrichment Events and Employee Resource Groups
Summary of Position: The Account Coordinator position is responsible for supporting an assigned team of Account Executives, Senior Account Executives, and Account Supervisors on their consumer promotions campaigns. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes:
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Associate item UPC information to offers based on the promotion details.
- Ability to proofread and review coupons and UPC lists in-depth for accuracy.
- Support team as needed with FSI, DFSI, Mobile Rebates, Catalina, and other promotional tactics
- Train for Account Executive role by working closely with the team to assist in the execution of promotions
- Hone project management skills and work along a defined career path to achieve an Account Executive role
- Manage data entry for coupons for assignment business unit
- Help team compile vendor estimates
- Generate program timelines and manage portions of campaign timelines AC is responsible for
- Assist teammates with any billing troubleshooting/resolution as needed
- Attend weekly client status meetings and provide recaps
- Assist team on large-scale initiatives
- Act as a backup when the main contact for a program is out of the office
- Assist with vendor POs and billing as needed
- Ensure all program information is up to date in clients budget
- Learn existing processes/procedures
- Assist in the establishment and development of new processes/procedures
- Communicate with clients and vendors, as directed
- Other duties assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Preferred, but not required: Bachelors in Business or Communication a 2.8+ GPA from four-year college or university; or Minimum 18 months of applicable business experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as operate internal, online systems
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be client-facing
- Ability to mentor, grow and work harmoniously as part of a larger team
- Ability to do intermediate-level math (calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages)
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to problem solve
- Effectively utilizes staff including delegating as appropriate
- Ability to manage healthy business processes
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus