Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel. Job Description
The purpose of this job is to use in-depth knowledge and experience to support the day-to-day functions of a Level 2 information technology (IT) support team and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident and problem management process.
- Help maintain an effective, comprehensive service process that includes supporting policies, controls, metrics, procedures and training for teams to address crisis management (e.g., service disruptions, outages).
- Identify duties required to handle all aspects of a crisis response during any service disruption or outage affecting business departments and end users.
- Manage service interruptions and failures by recording, communicating, prioritizing, analyzing, and resolving incidents and problems; escalate and route issues to appropriate teams as needed.
- Provide essential advanced technical support across multiple platforms for business departments and end users; perform ticket analysis to review trends and proactively detect problems.
- Work with the rest of the Level 2 team to create solutions and automation for ongoing improvements to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the incident and problem management process.
- Communicate and collaborate with IT partners to coordinate release and resolution efforts across the Level 1 and Level 2 Teams.
- Adhere to service level agreements (SLAs) with internal business partners and third parties.
- Provide and maintain support documentation for knowledgebase updates to be used by Level 1 and Level 2 teams.
- Assist with monitoring events (e.g., warnings and exceptions) and identify routine activities and resolutions that can be automated to improve system efficiencies.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and maintain own knowledge of current industry trends and developing technologies.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or associate degree required; field of study in business or technology preferred
- 1-2 years experience in related field required
- Microsoft Office
- Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Microsoft .Net (Development Standards and Practices)
- SaaS Platforms
- SLA Management
- Excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations
- Excellent analytical skills to quickly identify complex cause and effect situations
- Ability to make decisions independently to determine the appropriate course of action for issues with applications, processes, data, and reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple responsiblities simultaneously
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus within a team, fostering a positive atmosphere
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pilot does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.