The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for performing analysis on biological specimens and generate data related to health and toxicology. They will prepare samples, operate and maintain laboratory instruments, maintain documentation, and perform statistics quantitation regarding concentration and method validation. They will also operate in a safe manner and strive for excellence in laboratory function and productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Wet Laboratory and Sample prep for laboratory developed tests, including solid phase extraction, derivatization, dilute and shoot, concentration, centrifugation, pipetting etc. Also automated sample prep (preferred Hamilton)
- Runs, tunes, calibrates, maintains, and troubleshoots MS instruments. (Preferred: familiarity with Agilent and Mass Hunter software)
- Develops and validates methods concerning carryover, sensitivity, linearity, specificity, matrix effect, extraction efficiency, analytical recovery, dilution integrity, and stability
- Organizes and maintains clerical work as well as data entry.
- Generates reports, and standard operating procedures (Preferred: familiarity with LIS/LIMS environment)
- Develops and validates laboratory testing
- Implements and develops quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Oversees Inventory and ordering
- Review and release of Laboratory Data
- Works with, properly stores and properly disposes hazardous material, Biological and Chemical.
- Understands and works within requirements for CLIA regulated environments.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned and appropriate.
- Works in harmony with other co-workers to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Perform research on new methods, procedures, or projects as required. Performs special projects as directed by Manager.
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances presented.
Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science. This is not negotiable it is mandatory as it is a requirement of our credentialing agencies.
Interpath Laboratory, Inc. is a family owned & operated, clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory with over 90 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We are the Northwest's leading, innovative laboratory company dedicated to providing, rapid, reliable, and economical laboratory testing services and pride ourselves on building a vibrant work culture where building relationships, teamwork, curiosity, and positive attitudes are at the core! From a comprehensive benefits package to an ever evolving learning and development program which fosters career growth - we truly value our employees and are very proud of the work family that we have built since 1967.
In addition to 'above average' market compensation, Interpath also has a comprehensive benefits package. Benefit Highlights:
- Laboratory discounts for in house testing
- Medical with In-Network & Custom Network discounts (No cost for employee only coverage)
- Dental (No cost for employee only coverage)
- 401(K) with discretionary employer match
- Paid Time Off
Lab staff must wear appropriate protective gear (lab coat, gloves, goggles, and face shield) at all times while in the lab and are regularly exposed to infection by handling potentially infectious samples. Physical requirements, in addition to willingness & ability to wear protective gear while working, are:
- Ability to sit and or stand for extended period of times
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Mobility to climb stairs on a regular basis
- Must be able to distinguish color and pass vision acuity test in compliance with CAP regulations
OSHA Category: This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
EOE Disabled/Veteran:Interpath Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.