The individual will be working in a dynamic team environment where they will need to be extremely flexible in tackling new projects and issues as they arise, some that can be time-sensitive requiring the person to prioritize efficiently. Ability to effectively run meetings across varying audiences and manage deliverables and deadlines as appropriate is extremely important. The project manager must be able to adhere to established policies, procedures and legal requirements.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for executing key deliverables within the strategic business agenda across the business. You will interact with Senior Management, Product Groups, Finance, and Business Risk Management and external partners including the Fund's transfer agent.
Responsibilities also include:
- Project Management: This position requires the management of several multi-step projects of varying complexity with multiple deadlines. Individual will ensure all assigned projects are completed on schedule.
- Data Analysis and Management: Review, monitor and reporting of data.
- Business Needs: Understanding and defining business needs in the context of short and long term objectives
- Risk Management - Take the lead for the team documenting risk and implementing steps to reduce risk. Individual must be able to independently analyze a situation and identify a solution that controls risk.
- Procedure Development and Deployment: All procedures must be routinely reviewed and updated. The individual must also identify trends and develop and implement procedures to improve current processes.
- Responsibilities also include providing back-up support to team members as needed.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Microsoft Access preferred.
- Working knowledge of DST systems - TA2000, TA2000 Desktop, AWD preferred
- Strong analytical skills; high attention to detail and able to quickly identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively across varying audiences and run meetings.
- Able to make sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions; ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritize in a demanding environment; able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced business with frequent changes and short deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage and complete a broad range of concurrent assignments/projects with efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, initiative, challenge and drive and effectively contributes to a dynamic team environment.
- Understanding of the mutual fund and retirement industry
- Working knowledge of statement and media production preferred
- Working and Adobe Experience Manager Forms software preferred
- FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 licenses preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans