Rush Truck Centers is the largest network of heavy- and medium-duty truck dealerships in North America, selling and servicing Peterbilt', International', Mitsubishi Fuso', Ford', Hino' and Isuzu' trucks at over 120 state-of-the-art facilities in 22 states. We provide a full range of aftermarket solutions, backed by a $250+ million parts inventory, over 2,400 service bays and 26 collision centers. Full-service truck leasing and rentals are available, as well as financial and insurance services.
The Assistant Parts Manager provides support to the management of the Parts Department.
Rush Truck Centers opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships across the US representing truck and bus manufacturers. Our franchises include Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird. We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales work, taking inventories, keeping operating records, or performs work of subordinates as needed.
- Assist customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Inform customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Assume responsibility to be liaison between operations and corporate Centralized Purchasing in absence of Parts Manager.
- Ensure Managed Dealer Inventory (MDI) daily orders are reviewed in absence of Parts Manager.
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Pull and fill orders from stock.
- Notify parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Notify the service technician, shop foreman and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Assist with receiving daily stock orders.
- We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three months experience in parts department functions.
- Must be computer literate and must be able to perform all data entry functions required in the department.
- Valid drivers license and insurability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This job posting does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their leader.