Come join the Walt Disney Company and be part of the Magic, working with our Licensees and Partners in developing innovative products that capture the spirit and storytelling of our beloved characters.
For this role, we are seeking an Assistant Product Designer with an apparel and/or graphic design background. Responsible for a specific range of products focused on Mickey and Classic Characters, under general supervision from management / leadership. Able to partner with peers and build relationships to ensure the highest quality, consumer focused, trend-right product lines across all channels of distribution (licensing, flex business models, vertical and wholesale) that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
- Develop and design product mock-ups, compile line sheets for line reviews, layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Review submissions from licensees
- Collaborate with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Licensing Commercialization, Sourcing and Tech Design, Global Product Design teams, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, Integrated Retail, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Disney Channel Content Providers, Pixar, Lucas & Marvel, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to design and approve all products
- Monitor competitors, product innovation and market dynamics
- Research Initial seasonal trends by category and create mood board to reflect the trend with Apparel and Accessories.
- Establish color palettes for product assortments
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects within deadline
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 1-3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge in Softlines categories (trends, raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition)
- Communication skills: Able to explain a point of view in a clear positive manner while also flexible with receiving constructive feedback
- Demonstrated computer software skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint & Excel
- Highly motivated problem solver that pays close attention to detail
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
This job is located in Orlando, FL