Groom Construction is proud to be a family-owned company with a commitment to our employees that extends beyond "just business". We are committed to developing happy and healthy employees who are just as passionate about construction as we are. Groom offers an array of benefits to ensure you and your future are well cared for.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Assistant Project Manager acts as a resource to the Project Manager(s) by assisting in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of the construction process, to help ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
This position will assist the construction department team to coordinate, communicate and execute all activities related to the projects being managed by the construction department. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist with the project buyout process, in accordance with company standards and in a timely manner taking into account such factors as project schedule, submittal review process and long lead time materials and equipment.
- Coordinate RFI s
- Coordinate the submittal process with the schedule, review process and material lead times.
- Ensure that all required project documentation is completed in a timely manner, and maintained in the appropriate master project files inclusive of Daily reports, accident reports, -subcontractor logs, submittals, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches and as-built drawings
- Assist with safety and accident reporting as required
- Help enforce all Groom Construction Health and Safety Plan regulations.
- Assist with the coordination of deliverables to obtain necessary permits and licenses and, depending upon the contractual arrangements, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations
- Assist in the tracking and cost control to avoid cost overruns
- Coordinate, track and receive timely approval of Change Orders
- Assist in the coordination of invoice approvals
- Coordinate timely completion and submission of project invoices and requisitions to the client.
- Assist in meeting minutes recording and follow-up
- Distribute drawing revisions and address subcontractor issues
- Assist in the assembly of close-out documents
- Experience working with contracts, plans, and specifications, and knowledge of construction methods, materials, and regulations.
- Familiarity with computers and software programs for job costing, online collaboration, scheduling and estimating. Procore experience is a plus.
- The APM must work well under pressure, be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems, is essential, as is an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- The APM must be able to establish a good working relationship with clients, other managers, designers, superintendents, and crew.
- The APM will be required to visit project sites as needed.
- Bachelor s Degree in an applicable discipline
- 2 - 3 years construction project management experience preferred
- OSHA 10-hr is a plus
- LEED AP is a plus.30
Benefits/Company Perks & Bonuses
- Paid time off and Holidays
- 401k Pension Pan with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability and Basic Life 100% employer paid
- Employee Assistance
- Discounts on Travel, Event Tickets and Verizon Wireless
- Training and Development
- Corporate Gym
- Discretionary End of the Year Bonus