The Associate Dean, School of Nursing & Health Professions (SNHP) reports to the Dean of SNHP at Baltimore City Community College. Under the direction of the Dean, the Associate Dean will develop curriculum, conduct program assessments, and assist in managing the health professions programs, which include but are not limited to, Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Care, and Surgical Technology. The Associate Dean is responsible for scheduling and personnel management of adjuncts and will help develop budgets for the academic areas within the Division. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in developing the day, evening, weekend, inter-session, and summer programs with a student-first focus. The Associate Dean works with the Dean, the VPAA, other administrators, faculty, and staff to deliver integrated instructional programs to promote student success in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of the College. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in promoting shared governance and the integration between Academic and Student affairs as it relates to advising, and student enrollment functions. The Associate Dean helps to foster, develop, and maintain strong relationships with local high schools, four-year institutions, and public and community agencies.
- Assist with the coordination of personnel, schedules, resources, and data to meet the needs of the division and enhance the educational effectiveness of programs and services,
- Recommend instructional and general policies, conduct meetings to facilitate planning, data analysis and collegial decision-making.
- Maintain current knowledge of new trends and innovations in community colleges and higher education.
- Assist the Dean in providing leadership for accreditation and program review, including the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Promote excellence in teaching and innovation in curriculum development.
- Facilitate the partnership with high schools to expand the dual enrollment program.
- Assist the Dean in developing guided pathways between workforce and the academy.
- Work with faculty to plan for curriculum expansion, modifications, and deletions; and set priorities for resource needs.
- Facilitate academic partnerships among program faculty and four-year transfer institutions.
- Assist the dean in ensuring compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Work with faculty to identify grant resources to support program development and special projects.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring adjuncts for the division.
- Work collaboratively with the program coordinators to manage book adoptions for the division.
- Conduct adjunct faculty evaluations and manage the process and archiving of all faculty evaluations.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned professional and support staff.
- Work with the Dean to recruit adjunct faculty and review credentials.
- Work with the Dean to provide oversight for the course schedule and the assignment of faculty to courses; and monitor workloads.
- Work with the Dean and the AVPAA to manage content for the college catalog.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Understanding of shared governance and commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Collaborative leadership style; demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Current knowledge of best practices in curriculum development and course/program assessment and institutional/specialized accreditation.
- Competency in instructional design including technology enhanced methods of course delivery
- Understanding of innovative pedagogy and instructional design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of research, statistical analysis, and information technologies.
- Proven ability to provide leadership in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in one of the disciplines in the Health Professions (i.e. Dental Hygiene, Health Information Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Care, or Surgical Technology)
- Working knowledge and implementation of assessment activities at the course and program levels.
- Experience in course and program review.
- 5 - 7 years of fulltime teaching in a college, university, or health-related discipline.
- Experience in developing and coordinating curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in ensuring implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
- Earned Doctorate in one of the health professions disciplines
- An earned faculty rank at the Associate Professor level or above.
- Experience at the Associate Dean, Program Coordinator, Department Chair, Division Head, or Center Director level or above with a proven record of full-time faculty supervision.
- Experience in developing public and/or private partnerships and securing external funding.
- Experience working with high schools to develop dual enrollment programs.