IT Assurance Associate
An IT Assurance Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of IT audit services to our clients. Responsibilities include testing and assessment of information systems control review engagements in support of financial statement audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applying current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other opportunities for overall process improvement.
- Maintaining professionalism and rapport with the client. Proactively interact with key client management to manage expectations, help ensure client satisfaction, meet client deadlines, and resolve any problems.
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements.
- Participating in recruiting efforts as needed.
- To meet or exceed IT Assurance metrics (e.g. billable hours, CPE, time delinquencies, etc)
- Participating in other business development activities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Desire to pursue CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Some related work experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering controls based services, auditing Information Technology General Controls (ITGCs.) in support of financial statement audits to cross-industry clients and technologies. An understanding of generally accepted practices for testing Key Reports, and Application Controls a plus.
- Information Security experience or information security training is required.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
At Grant Thornton, we believe in making business more personal and building trust into every result for our clients and you. Here, we go beyond your expectations of a career in professional services by offering a career path with more: more opportunity, more flexibility, and more support. Its what makes us different, and we think being different makes us better.
About the Team
The team youre about to join is ready to help you thrive. Heres how:
Whether its your work location, weekly schedule or unlimited flex time off, we empower you with the options to work in the way that best serves your clients and your life.
Here, you are supported to prioritize your overall well-being through work-life integration options that work best for your and those in your household.
We understand that your needs, responsibilities and experiences are different and we think thats a good thing. Thats why we support you with personalized and comprehensive benefits that recognize and empower all the identities, roles and aspirations that make you, well, you. See how at
When it comes to inclusion, we are committed to doing more than checking boxes. Explore all the ways were taking action for diversity, equity & inclusion at
Heres what you can expect next:
If you apply and are selected to interview, a Grant Thornton team member will reach out to you to schedule a time to connect. We encourage you to also check out other roles that may be a good fit for you or get to know us a little bit better at
It is the policy of Grant Thornton to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions (including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, evaluations, and termination) are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital or civil union status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic predisposition or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws, it is the policy of Grant Thornton LLP to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. To make an accommodation request, please contact .
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.