Job Description: Role Summary/Purpose:
The AVP, Software Development Engineer Manager plays a pivotal technical role within Synchrony Financial in successfully hosting several client-facing platforms and delivering high-quality solutions.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. Were proud to offer you choice and flexibility. Essential Responsibilities:
- Build and integrate information and computer systems that meet specific needs, typically involving integration of the software and hardware that best meets the purpose defined by an internal or external client.
- Get involved in a project early, when analysts start developing requirements, and then remain involved till the end.
- Examine the current application design, and work with business and technical staff to recommend solutions that result in more effective systems.
- Investigate problem areas. Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns and developing standard operating procedures.
- Test software systems to diagnose and resolve system faults; Improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Should be responsible for defining:
- How technology can be used to solve a given business problem?
- Which framework, platform, or tech-stack that can be used to create a solution? Which patterns, methods and tools will be most effective and productive?
- How the application will look and feel, what the components will be, and how they interact with each other?
- Figuring out the advantages and risks in third-party frameworks/platforms?
- Oversee the programming, integration, and testing of software systems and associated devices, working closely with multiple agile and cross functional team both onshore and offshore.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in software operations via simplification and automation.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 8 years of full stack development using Java, Spring, other JEE technologies, API, microservices and UI technologies and frameworks.
- Minimum 5 years of experience building and consuming web services via REST.
- Minimum 4 years of application design experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in web frameworks like React.
- Deep experience in APIs and microservices.
- Experience building and deploying application on Cloud platforms like PCF
- Working knowledge of API gateways
- Experience with build and dependency management tools like Maven or Gradle
- Experience with continuous integration environments like Jenkins
- Experience with writing unit, integration, and UI test cases
- Deep Agile expertise
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Working knowledge of fintech and healthcare Industry as it relates to consumer financing
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you dont meet the time in position or performance expectations).
When you join us, youll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heardbut valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, were building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+ () , with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, youll find community to connect with and opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-. Representatives are available from 8am 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 75,,000.00
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible. Grade/Level: 11
Job Family Group: