Our retail store provides the fuel, the face, and the gateway to all the awesome services we provide for individuals, families and organizations in the communities we serve. But, what does that mean for you as a team member? It means that you are connected to something bigger than yourself, something that helps shape the community you live in with the most basic need of life...the ability to have a productive livelihood. As a Baler you are responsible for performing at a high level of functional and technical knowledge to operate the baler machine, forklift or pallet jack. Attention to detail is critical to prevent accidents and accurately record inventory. The Baler also assists with the sales floor and warehouse operations.
Retail Associate Baler
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers - Newnan, GA
The Newnan retail store, located on Thomas Crossroads, is currently looking for a hard-working and dedicated Retail Associate Baler.
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Inc.s Retail Associate Baler responsibilities:
- Places unusable donations in a top-loading clothing baler using a forklift or pallet jack.
- Ties off baler with provided materials, removes completed bales with the forklift or pallet jack, and stacks bales in warehouse.
- Loads trucks with completed bales.
- Removes donated goods from poly-bulk trucks or bins.
- Places salvage cardboard and wire into appropriate containers.
- Maintains an organized warehouse.
- Works other areas of the store as requested by the leadership team.
You will be hired as a Retail Associate Baler, however, you will be cross-trained and expected to learn and work all areas of the retail operation.
A full-time position averages 30-40 hours per week. Hours will fluctuate based on business needs (i.e., seasonal changes, donation volumes, etc.) Operating days will fluctuate based on store location. The Retail Associate Baler must be available to work any shifts Monday through Sunday.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Prior experience in a retail environment may be considered in lieu of education.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Forklift Operator certification (preferred)
- Prior experience working in a retail or customer service-related environment, preferred.
- Warehouse experience, preferred.
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Inc. is committed to our mission of Developing People, Changing Lives, and Building Communities. We seek to empower people with skills and opportunities to live fulfilled lives. We achieve our mission and vision through our values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Excellence, and Service. At Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Inc., we strive to hire individuals who live by our values and believe in our mission.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Starting pay rate of $11 per hour
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
A generous paid time off (PTO) plan
401k with a company match