What will I be doing?
As the Bar Porter, you will drive company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Acknowledges and greets all arriving members, owners, and guests in a friendly and welcoming manner and extends a professional and friendly departure.
- Serves food and beverages to members, owners, and guests, anticipating their needs and responding promptly to any and all requests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, wines, beers, and non-alcoholic beverage selections and respective pricing.
- Stocks and replenishes all alcohol and supplies in the bar area.
- Remember table, seat, and station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation and maintains and updates the standard par and stocking worksheets.nd proper table set-up.
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by the State Liquor regulations.
- Completes all closing side work, inspecting cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all work areas and of the outlet itself.
We offer an excellent benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and extraordinary travel benefits!
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. We believe that at the core of our company's success are our Team Members! To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year in the food and beverage customer service field
- Valid Hawaii Health Card/Food Handler's Card
- Alcohol Awareness Training Certification
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous bartending/serving experience in a hospitality environment
- Proficient in the English language to communicate both verbally and in writing with guests, owners and co-workers, and fully comprehend job assignments
- Cash handling and basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.