We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
As a Field Service Technician, you're our tech savvy brand ambassador. You'll be responsible for providing the highest level of service to our clients through installations, changes, repairs, and disconnections of cable services, including video, data, and telephone. As the face of AUSA in our customers' home, you'll troubleshoot any issues and educate them on new and existing products and services to benefit their experience.
Why Join our Team?
As a Field Service Technician at Altice USA, we will provide you with resources and training necessary to learn skills that can grow into a rewarding career. In addition, we provide competitive perks and benefits, such as: career progression opportunities, paid vacation and sick time, an employee product discount (if residing in the footprint), health insurance on day 1, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company matching funds!
- Provides high quality internal and external customer service; role modeling AUSA's values
- Installs, tests, and troubleshoots AUSA products and services, including video, data, and telephone
- Utilizes network tools and troubleshooting knowledge to resolve network problems
- Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service calls
- Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges, and billing procedures
- Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
- Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
- Meets scheduled appointment windows
- Completes work orders and other documentation on paper and/or by mobile device
- Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
- Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance and home certifications.
- Adheres to established maintenance windows for all outages
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other equipment
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Works on regularly scheduled days, as well as possible unscheduled time if the need exists
- When applicable, rearranging, and reconnecting fiber optic service drops at pole, underground or building terminals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds including tools) as needed
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner - must have a valid Driver's License in good standing
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Skill in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal , state, and law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.