Business Development Mgr, Semiconductor - /Industrial Markets (West Coast)
Reside in California - major customer client base is in Bay Area.
Our Business Unit offers challenging lighting and image transmission solutions for applications in the markets of automotive, aviation, medical devices, as well as industrial and safety engineering. With production units in Europe and North-America, the worldwide sales organization Business Unit is a leading supplier for fiber optic components.
- Candidate must reside in California to support West Coast region.
- 10+ years of experience serving the semiconductor market, or similar high technology industry, in a customer-facing marketing, sales, or business development role.
- Proven experience in managing critical, high visibility customer accounts, supplier or partner relationships, and closing complex deals.
- BS degree in engineering, business or related field; strong technical skills to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Good technical understanding of advanced semiconductor equipment, process technology, manufacturing and inspection components and sub-systems.
- B2B sales experience with technical/engineered products and solutions preferred.
- Demonstrated results in establishing and growing new business, and developing strong relationships and partnerships.
- Experienced relationship manager with strong contacts, networking and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker, analytical mindset with excellent marketing, selling and presentation skills.
- Due to the nature of work performed at our facility, U.S. Person status is required.
- Drive contract negotiations, pricing, messaging, competitive and market segment analysis.
- Manage critical high visibility customer accounts, and build customer relationships at both working and senior management levels.
- Discover, assess and develop opportunities to obtain design wins.
- Create account and strategy plans mapping key decision-makers within customer organizations.
- Develop market and customer-specific revenue forecasts and goals.
- Provide first-line customer contact and support; respond to customer inquiries, Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Requests for Information (RFI).
- Provide key information on customer requirements and timelines as well as information on competitor status to the business unit.
- Drive customer contract negotiations and pricing strategy in alignment with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain current and prospective market information for assigned markets.
- Travel regularly with direct contact to identify/develop prospects and grow companies presence within Electronics/Semiconductor, Aerospace and Industrial markets.
- Inform and educate existing customers and new business prospects of product offerings, capabilities and new applications.
- Perform customer visits to introduce company products, identify current and future needs, roadmaps and drive customer engagement and development, build strategic relationships.