Martin/Martin, Inc. is looking for a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician to join our Structural Engineering Group in our Lakewood, Colorado office. This position will provide opportunities to work on a variety of structures throughout Front Range of Colorado and nationally in markets such as healthcare, commercial office, sports and entertainment and education.
A typical work week can include BIM 3D model development, project setup, drafting of 2D details, and site visits working directly with a team of engineers. We operate in a dynamic environment and strive to support a culture that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. We encourage an environment of continuous learning through in-house training and mentoring programs. Additionally, each project presents unique challenges and opportunities to learn and grow as a technician. The successful candidate will develop expertise in a broad range of BIM skills, demonstrate a willingness to learn, work as part of a team, and produce high-quality designs for our clients.
The office is located on the west side of Denver allowing for quick access to both the city and the mountains.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
The following duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Transfers redlines to drawings
- Drafts details
- 3D modeling
- Creates plans, sections, elevations, 3D views, details, and schedules from the model
- Modeling and drafting details of varying complexity in Autodesk REVIT or other BIM software
- Assisting in project set-up, including importing reference details, editing general notes, creating new file(s) and managing and linking external files
- Maintaining internal and external modeling and drafting standards on projects
- Communicates in a professional manner
- Models and drafts without explicit redlines and sometimes with only verbal direction
- Leads or trains lower-level and less experienced staff
About Martin/Martin, Inc.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is a full-service civil and structural engineering and surveying firm, operating from Colorado since the 1940s. Growing steadily over the last decade, Martin/Martin is about exciting projects, shared ownership, informed staff and a commitment to quality that keeps clients returning to us time after time. Our services are provided to municipalities, public, and private redevelopment entities, architects, homebuilders, state and federal agencies, land developers and special districts in Colorado, across the United States, and in other countries.
- Competitive Pay
- Extended Vision Coverage
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Earned Parental Leave Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Continuing Education
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Life, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan Company Match and Profit Sharing (when appropriate)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Committee Involvement (Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Recreation)
- Extensive Employee Events (outings, picnics, golf, and ski days)
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Internal Continuing Education and Training
- On-Site Workout Facilities
- Community Involvement (Martin/Martin Gives Back Program)
- PE License Reimbursement
- Opportunity to Work on Exceptional Projects
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent
- Expertise in Revit Structure
- Ability to read and interpret architectural/structural plans and details
- Self-motivated and able to work independently for extended periods of time
- Committed to client service and a team-based approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of modeling/drafting standards, proficient knowledge of modeling/drafting software, and increasing knowledge for the development of drawings
- Demonstrates ownership of projects in which involved and takes initiatives in daily work
- Advanced knowledge of modeling/drafting platforms and Department's graphic standards
- Highly productive in the modeling systems and components
- Highly productive in creating construction plans and drafting details
- Graduation from an accredited institute for information modeling/design technology/drafting of one-year minimum duration, or equivalent experience of at least two years of directly related experience
- Drafting, construction, or architectural design experience
- Knowledge of structural systems and construction details
- Demonstrated ability to meet time budgets established by the Project Manager
- Two to three years of BIM technician experience through professional employment or education equivalent
- Proficient in workflows required to produce models and drawings
- Demonstrated success as a Technician II for at least four years or at least eight years of directly related equivalent experience/education
- Highly developed knowledge of contract drawing layout and assembly
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills
- Fundamental knowledgeable of the systems being modeled and how they are constructed
COVID-19 full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) is required for new employees. Proof of vaccination (or a request for medical/religious exemption) shall be provided to HR one week prior to negotiated start date.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position at this time.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about the status of your application.
Martin/Martin, Inc. is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.