To install, test, and maintain Broadband, telephone, video, wireless internet, and FTTx services to American Broadband customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Install new Broadband services, including but not limited to, videos service, wireless internet, cable modem, DSL, telephony, and FTTx services in ILEC and CLEC communities.
- Responds to service orders for troubles, upgrades, removals, or changes to a customer s residential or business broadband services, which includes IPPX systems, telephony, video, internet, and FTTx.
- Ensures that all service orders, troubles, and locates that are assigned to him/her are closed out daily in MACC.
- Perform customer education and up-sell services as part of normal installation procedures.
- Trouble-shoot video/telephony/broadband issues from CPE to the first active, telephone issues from CPE to Central Office/Network Equipment, FTTx issues from CPE to PON, and wireless issues from CPE to tower.
- Test existing service, locate defective cable, wiring or equipment and repair.
- Communicate with customers to answer questions and respond to problems.
- Bury, hang, activate, install, and bond/ground service drops in accordance to company guidelines.
- Maintain timesheets, vehicle records, company issued test equipment and any company property/equipment.
- Ensure company inventory is maintained and reported for items utilized by technician.
- Perform RF signal leakage monitoring, document leaks and report to Supervisor.
- Assist Lead Technicians with replacements, extensions, and new construction work.
- Responsible for the clean-up of customer property after any project or job by technician.
- Responsible for locating fiber, coax, telephone and marking cable routes.
- Attend Safety and Technical Training as required.
- Understanding and strictly adhering to the Company s Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) policy while appropriately maintaining the confidentiality of customer records.
- Understanding how all departments contribute to the success of the organization and referring customers and employees to the appropriate department to best fulfill their needs.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers while taking ownership of responsibilities and being accountable for his/her own actions.
- Being an advocate for Company programs and special evets while taking initiative to participate and volunteering readily when opportunities arise.
- Performs all duties associated with OSP inventory.
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to use various hand tools, test equipment, and operate heavy equipment for underground & aerial plant.
- Must have basic math skills and understand and use simple formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams and measuring instruments.
- Able to use SL meters, Volt/OHM meters, DSL meters, light meters and TDRs to effectively to solve problems.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with CPNI regulations and procedures.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging others to seek innovative approaches and the ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as programs and processes change.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Previous customer service experience (preferred)
- Must have valid driver s license
- Work in an outdoor environment year round, exposed to elements
- Must be able to work after hours/OT and be able to accept special projects as directed.
- Travel and overnight stays as needed.
- Perform on-call duties when scheduled
- Work frequently in cramped work spaces
American Broadband, and all subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.