Overview: Bus Drivers Needed in Rockland County, NY for the Transportation of Rockland (TOR) and Hudson Link bus services. $19.82 hourly and a $4,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Transdev is seeking CDL drivers for their fixed route transit service contracts in Hillburn, NY for the Transportation of Rockland (TOR) and Hudson Link bus services. We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move throughout Rockland and Westchester Counties using public transportation.
So, come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities. Why Drive With Us?
- $19.82 salary ($18.00 training wage)!
- $4,000 sign-on bonus!
- Annual increases!
- Medical, Dental and Vision!
- Holiday pay!
- Paid time off!
- 401(K) with a Company match!
- We offer full time employment to those who can work various shifts!
- State-of-the-art facility!
- No travel to NYC - we service Rockland and Westchester Counties only!
- Work year-round - not just during the school year!
- Ability to advance your career!
Responsibilities: What you will be doing:
- Drive a transit bus and transport passengers safely, timely and efficiently
- Greet passengers, accept fare payment, and maintain a safe environment
- Properly report all incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
- Other duties as required to ensure a safe and courteous ride for our passengers
Qualifications: Who you are:
- Must be at least 21 years old or older with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have a clean driving record in good standing.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be punctual with an emphasis on your attendance.
- Must submit to drug testing, DOT physical, and an extensive criminal background check.
- Must be able to complete driver training.
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
For more information please visit our website at Apply in person Monday thru Friday from 9am - 3pm at 260 Old Route 17, Hillburn, NY 10931.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.