Overview Start your career with Autism Spectrum Therapies (AST)!
Do not miss this unique opportunity to join AST as an CBT Intern! In our internship you will work to complete your Certified Behavior Technician (CBT) internship and start your career in ABA!
Do you cringe at the thought of a life tied to a desk, preferring hands-on work that gets you up and moving? Do you want to help others, while bringing home a paycheck in one of the fastest growing fields in health-care? Do you crave work-life balanceand dare to have a life outside of work?
If so, you might be a good fit for our PAID
internship program where you will be trained to become a certified Behavior Technician, an entry-level career that involves helping children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), a range of conditions that can affect a kids ability to socialize, play, and communicate. During your internship you will receive direct supervision from one of our BCBAs and work with our team to deliver applied behavior analysis (ABA), a therapy that uses play-based activities to help kids build skills.
Once you learn the ropes of ABA, opportunities are ripe for you to take on more responsibility, grow your career, and even earn a promotion in as little as six months!
So, what are you waiting for? Join one of the fastest-growing fields in health-care in an entry-level job that lets you work with kids and spend your day doing meaningful work helping kids with autism learn and grow!
Pay starting at $17 with an increase to $19 upon passing the CBT certification exam!
Backed by the support and supervision of our awesome staff:
- Gain training and skills to support a career in behavior analysis, behavioral health, teaching, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, counseling, mental health, and parenting.
- Be trained to become a Certified Behavior Technician
- Create lasting, positive change for children and their families
If you work full-time, you can earn up to 15 days of paid time off (PTO) after 90 days of employment. If you work part-time, youre eligible for sick leave.
Qualifications Do you have what it takes?
Although we dont require specific experience, we do look for certain characteristics, including:
- A genuine desire to help children with autism and their families achieve goals.
- A steady supply of compassion, empathy, enthusiasm, kindness, goodwill, and reliability.
- Strong curiosity and a desire (or, at least, a willingness) to learn about autism, learning differences, and ABA.
- The ability to master the latest TikTok dance craze. (Just kidding.)
Oh, and we actually require:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- At least a 6 month commitment
- Availability to work a consistent weekly schedule: morning, afternoon, and/or evenings.
- The ability to pass a background check.
- Reliable transportation/Valid Driver's License
- Not to mention, it is a plus if you:
- Are bi-lingual, with English/Spanish fluency.
- Studied, majored, or minored in psychology, education, special education, child care, behavioral health, health science, or a related field.
- Have experience working with children, whether as a babysitter, nanny, tutor, teacher, coach, camp counselor, or some other form of childcare.
Physical requirements vary and are based on specific client assignments. You may be asked to engage in any of the following: push, pull, lift up to 35 pounds, and move quickly, according to client needs. It is necessary to be able to sit on the floor, stoop, stand, walk, and run.
Autism Spectrum Therapies (AST) is part of LEARN Behavioral, a national organization dedicated to nurturing the unique potential of children with autism and special needs. LEARN serves communities from coast to coast. And were growing every day.
LEARN Behavioral is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates interested in the following positions will find this role similarly rewarding and are encouraged to apply: teacher, psychologist, behavior analyst, speech and language pathologist, occupational therapist, social worker, home health aide (HHA), teacher aide, child care worker, instructor, counselor, education assistant, home care worker, caregiver, mental health therapist, childcare assistant, paraprofessional, life skills coach.This position is similar to the following positions at other companies: behavioral technician, behavior therapist, registered behavior technician, RBT, board certified autism therapist, BCAT, behavior treatment technician, ABA tutor, line therapist, behavior interventionist, autism instructor, licensed behavior analyst, and board certified behavior analyst.
The health and well-being of our clients, staff, and community are of the utmost importance to LEARN Behavioral. With the continued presence of COVID-19, we are committed to providing our essential services to clients, while maintaining safety for everyone. Please consider our practices on Face Coverings, Daily Health Screenings, and Employee Vaccinations below before applying for one of our open positions:
- Face Coverings - LEARN follows the CDCs guidance and in most locations, face coverings are optional. There are a few exceptions where continued use of face coverings, such as local county and/or payor mandates, is required. Please note that as the CDC guidance changes, LEARNs face covering practices will also change.
- Daily Health Screenings We follow local county guidelines, and may adjust this practice as COVID-19 cases in your area increase/decrease.
- Employee Vaccination Status Employees may be required to be vaccinated in accordance with local health requirements. It is also anticipated that vaccinations will be required in the future in order to comply with Executive and State/Local or Payor Mandates. Please carefully consider the potential for this requirement, if you are unvaccinated, when applying for this position.