Generalist opening in Albany, New York.
Full time and permanent NY State Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist needed in Albany New York
Looking to join a well respected hospital laboratory in a full time and permanent position?
Multiple laboratory areas and shifts available
A Clinical Laboratory Technologist utilizes knowledge and clinical laboratory experience to perform laboratory testing in an accurate and timely manner. The Clinical Laboratory Technologist performs tests that aid clinicians in the detection and diagnosis of disease and/or monitor the progress of defined illnesses or treatments initiated by a physician. This position requires the exercise of independent judgement and responsibility. The technologist works under the supervision of the director or supervisor and only in those specialties or subspecialties for which the technologist is qualified by education, training and experience. The technologist is directed by the Laboratory Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs testing and reports results on laboratory specimens
- Thoroughly, accurately and legibly documents test results and quality control
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
- Listens well, takes direction and engages in interactive dialogues with others.
- Performs maintenance and quality control procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as outlined in the attached annual competency assessment. When feasible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the job s essential functions.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
- Has a New York State Education Department license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist .
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology OR
- A bachelor's degree with the minimum number of required credit hours in the sciences AND received appropriate clinical education in an accredited Clinical Laboratory Technology program OR
- Meets one of the grandparenting requirements for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.