The Registered Nurse for the Sarcoma Surgery Clinic provides longitudinal comprehensive nursing care to surgical sarcoma patients. This position serves as the primary point of contact for surgical patients in the sarcoma clinic. He or she will be responsible for coordination of care, education of patients and caregivers, triage, and support of providers.
- The Clinical Nurse Coordinator for the Sarcoma Surgery population should be able to effectively coordinate patient care through
- A high level understanding of sarcomas and treatment modalities
- Telephone triage
- Development of a plan of care
- Management of prescription refills, prior authorizations, and home health
- Monitoring of patient response to therapies in collaboration with medical, nutrition, and pharmacy staff
- Management of ongoing physical, emotional, and social needs of patients through continuous assessments of adaptation to illness
Patient and Family Education
- Maintains primary responsibility and coordination for provision of education required for patient and family
- Will be expected to develop good knowledge base of surgical procedures conducted both within the clinic and in the operating room
- Provides patient education about procedures including preparation for and care after.
- Responsible for triaging patients in clinic as well as over the phone and via electronic communication
Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate effectively with physicians to provide comprehensive care planning for their specific population of patients
- Serves as resources in their areas of expertise for other staff
- Demonstrates ability to effectively intervene with a patient in crisis
Oncology, Care Coordination, Hospital
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Nursing degree
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card
- Critical thinking; the ability to practice the cognitive skills of analyzing, applying standards, discriminating, information seeking, logical reasoning, predicting, and transforming knowledge
- Ability to develop clinical judgment.
- Time Management skills; the ability to organize and manage time and tasks independently
- Ability to communicate effectively by looking and listening for cues, asking open-ended questions, exploring cues, using pauses, screening responses, and clarifying response.
- Ability to effectively listen by using reflecting, acknowledging, summarizing, empathizing, and paraphrasing skill.
- Ability to effectively provide information by checking what information the person knows already, giving small amounts of information at a time, using clear terms and avoiding jargon, avoiding detail unless it is requested, checking for understanding, and pausing and waiting for a response.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Two years of nursing experience
- Oncology experience
- Surgical experience
- Outpatient experience
- Nursing Certification (i.e., OCN, ACNC)
- Ability to multitask
- Sense of humor
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. Were supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.