Summary of Job:
This position is responsible to perform maintenance and service for our Industrial HVAC/mechanical site-based customers. Utilize our technology, technical capability, and customer service to provide a great experience to our customer. Primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, chillers, and packaged units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Diagnoses problems in the refrigeration circuit
- Performs refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging
- Size and install refrigerant piping
- Troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits
- Diagnoses problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot/repair
- Performs combustion analysis on all combustible heating systems and analyzes results
- Reads wiring advanced wiring diagrams; troubleshoots advanced electrical circuits
- Treat air to control temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution
- Diagnose problems in the heating system
- Install/maintain/repair a variety of systems to include air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, and steam heating systems
- Troubleshoot repair/replace electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units
Education and Experience:
- Universal EPA Certification
- Minimum of 8+ years of Industrial HVAC Service/Industrial Maintenance experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent GED certificate preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written communications skills
- Able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and/or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.