2022-WCC-001Actual Job Location:
WCSC Corp - 1100 NJ Ave SE Suite 700FT/PT Status:
Regular Full TimeOpen Date:
POSITION SUMMARY: WCS Construction
, one of the leading builders in the city, is seeking an experienced Project Executive
, based out of our Washington, DC headquarters office. The Project Executive is a senior leader, who is expected to identify, propose, close and manage construction projects throughout all phases of the project, including leading and developing the assigned project teams.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: • Identifies, proposes, closes and manages construction projects and staff. This includes, but is not limited to managing all site planning, acquisitions, budgeting, entitlements, preconstruction planning and communication, etc.
• Manages multiple projects, including but not limited to project scope/forecast, timelines, budget, milestones, relationships and expectations.
• Provides construction and timely feedback to project team and schedules project and client meetings when necessary.
• Reviews bids, documents and data for each project. Participates in bid contract negotiations when needed.
• Oversees and assesses project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Company policy.
• Works with on-site superintendents to deliver the highest quality work and customer satisfaction.
• Severs as liaison between owner and third party vendors while representing WCS Construction in meetings, submittal processes, RFI processes and schedule updates.
• Takes the lead in working with all corporate departments including cost/scheduling, procurement, quality assurance and risk and safety for designated projects.
• Drives process and negotiates change order while managing general contractor relationships. Executes change orders in a timely fashion.
• Owns all timeline and project costs associated with appropriate billing and payment of suppliers and contractors.
• Develops and manages direct reports and provides feedback and guidance when necessary. Suggests ongoing training to support project and operational needs.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, construction management or related field.
• Minimum of 15 years' progressively more responsible experience in construction industry, preferably in commercial and/or multifamily housing.
• Demonstrated experience providing leadership and direction to teams on large scale construction projects.
• Strong ties to local/national construction industry associations.
• Proficient computer software skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, presentation software, etc.)
• Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to apply effective management techniques to maximize employee performance, have a thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standardsBENEFITS:
• Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Legal Insurance
• 401k Plan with company match
• Ten paid holidays
• Company Paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability
• Commuter Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program About WCS Construction
WCS Construction is one of the most knowledgeable general contractors in the DC Metro area. Our excellent reputation has resulted in a network of respected local subcontractors through partnership building efforts that allow us an advantage in the achievement of project goals. WCS Construction's commitment and integrity caters to your needs and assists you in every stage of construction.
WCS Construction LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
WCS Construction is an equal opportunity employer and values its diverse workforce.COVID-19 VACCINATION REGULATIONS:
As a condition of employment, ALL new hires must have at least one dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna vaccine) by their orientation date and receive the second (if applicable) within the guidelines of the CDC.