RightDirection Technology Solutions LLC
RDTS is seeking a Content Manager to support the Naval Education and Training Command (NETC) in Pensacola, FL. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Government acceptance support for eLearning content developed and delivered by external vendors.
- Performs quality assurance validation checks to test for conformance to standards and ensures compatibility and integration of all content with Navy Learning Management System applications.
- Acts as liaison between external developers and government content sponsors, providing technical support and feedback as required. Coordinates content management lifecycle among all stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots, corrects or provides possible solutions for issues that may occur throughout lifecycle of eLearning content. While programming is not a day-to-day function, knowledge from an eLearning content development perspective is integral to identifying problem areas and recommending technical solutions.
- Participates in test efforts for software product development or support projects to measure the quality of the functional (business) components of the system. Support includes testing and evaluation of computing systems, critical feedback for test artifacts for all phases of test events, software change management, software defect management, and project metrics tracking and reporting.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance and improve systems and processes in support of current and development initiatives and strategies.
- Provides technical writing efforts to document new/updated processes.
- May be required to support working group discussions to derive requirements for training and integration initiatives.
- Follows standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Trains, advises, and assists other team members, developers, and government entities in hosting procedures, required standards and policies, Navy Learning Management System applications, and any other technical areas, as requested.
- Working knowledge of Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) sequencing, navigation and computer managed instruction (cmi) standards is required.
- Understanding of multimedia types, associated file extensions and interactions with computing environments is required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify issues within eLearning courses, coding, and applications is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is required. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Six (6) years of industry accepted Information Technology (IT) experience.
- Active DoD-issued Security Clearance.
- IAT II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP) certification.
- Practical experience with eLearning training, and understanding of Learning Management Systems used for delivery.
- Working knowledge of Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) sequencing, navigation and computer managed instruction (cmi) standards.
- Understanding of multimedia types, associated file extensions and interactions with computing environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify issues within eLearning courses, coding, and applications.
- Good attention to detail and follow-through skills to wrap up open issues independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing to relay issues to team members, government centers, and technical personnel. Must work with team members to help determine potential solutions to issues that arise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge and experience with a variety of eLearning development tools including Adobe Captivate, Articulate, and Dreamweaver is desired.
- Knowledge of toolsets required for validating eLearning courseware (i.e. ADL Test Suite and Runtime Environment, MOODLE) is desired.
- Understanding of API, xAPI, Learning Record Stores (LRS), and its relevance, use and implementation within courseware, training, applications, and data reporting is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.