We are looking for a thoughtful and collaborative team member to play a leading role in translating our brand as national design firm into authentic, compelling digital content. An approachable, creative leader, the Content Strategist will filter, translate, and prioritize the ideas that come their way, as well as be proactive and develop concepts when they see an opportunity. This position serves as the primary editor-in-chief for our website and social media channels, developing structure and content to reach decision-makers across our markets, and communicate the relevancy of design to the communities in which we work. The strategist will also roll up their writing and editing sleeves alongside their colleagues.
This is a new and integral position for our growing national Communications team. The Content Strategist will manage a full-time writer and a marketing content specialist, plus work closely with colleagues in Digital Content, PR, and Marketing as well as leaders and subject matter experts across the firmarchitects, engineers, interior designers, researchers, sustainability experts, equity leaders, and moreto plan, craft, and deliver captivating content.
Responsibilities What Youll Do
- In partnership with firm and market leadership, guide the development and delivery of content that factors in brand strategy, audience, industry trends, analytics, and other components.
- Work with national and local marketing teams and subject matter experts to determine scope, resources, and format of content to support their goals.
- Together with colleagues in Communications, build the editorial calendar and coordinate efforts to align, prioritize, and complete projects.
- Develop strategic briefs with key stakeholders to guide the creative process and ensure effective content development.
- Evaluate and act on data and insights to drive optimization and achieve goals.
- Collaborate on content development and execution with team members and/or freelancers (writers, editors, designers, videographers, etc.); ensure content is aligned with the brand, satisfies creative briefs, and publishes on schedule.
- Write, review, and edit copy for website, social channels, and other publication formats.
- A strategic thinker who can develop a content plan aligned with high-level business goals
- A creative at heart whos passionate about storytelling, challenging existing ways of thinking, and execution
- An exceptional writer and collaborator
- A curious listener and researcher who can leverage insights to inform creative, surprising, and executable projects
- A continuous learner who will keep pace with the industry and evolving trends
- An effective team member and coach, able to collaborate with and guide teams and projects
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting and making sure recommendations can be backed up quantifiably or with insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including an exceptional grasp of the English language, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and usage
- Ability to manage and balance priorities, projects, and partners in a high-demand environment
- Understanding of how content type selection impacts performance across channels and audiences
- Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities, and implement change
- Proficient in content management systems, email marketing tools, and content scheduling and tracking platforms
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices
- Understanding of web usability and accessibility best practices
Qualifications Your Qualifications:
- Degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications, mass media, or other related field
- 7+ years of experience in content creation/strategy, communications, and/or marketing
- Experience developing integrated content strategies that align with business objectives
- Experience developing compelling content and communications and leveraging multiple channels for creative storytelling
- Broad experience with digital platforms, including social
- Experience leading creative projects from conception to completion on time and within budget
- Experience working on and with cross-functional teams that include subject matter experts, marketing, writing, design, digital, videography, photography, etc.
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience/aptitude with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, billing, and invoicing
- Design industry (architecture, interior design, engineering) knowledge and interest a plus