Caledonian Heating & Plumbing Ltd's Head Office is located in Edinburgh, and we have a Regional Office in Dundee. We are commercial heating, plumbing, and water management company that offers a wide range of services throughout the area. Our goal is to provide you with top-of-the-line service at a competitive rate that helps rather than hinders your business.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Contract Manager to join our team.
You should be able to think analytically, possess attention to detail, and be a confident and persuasive communicator with excellent written English. It is important that you are a strong team player and capable of building beneficial relationships across all levels of the organisation.
It is critical that you possess excellent communication skills since you will be communicating technical issues with colleagues as well as outside contractors. Experience using planning software and the ability to influence others using facts and data are huge advantages. A flair for analysing and presenting information is a core skill, as is the ability to manage multiple project deliverables and keep large projects on schedule. You will be customer-focused and have excellent leadership skills.
Lastly, you should be able to independently manage a diverse and busy workload. This role requires extensive use of IT systems, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Leading and coordinating input into a range of heating resource management projects.
- Managing and coaching junior staff in all aspects of project resources planning.
- Ensuring that timelines and project deliverables are on target.
- Keeping key stakeholders informed of project objectives and outcomes.
- Working effectively with water companies, other planners, design engineers and regulators.
- Control and track project procurements, expenditures, and financial schedules.
- Preparing tender programmes.
- Adopting innovative and creative strategies to manage current and future projects.
- Ensure compliance with performance PPM reports, contract KPIs, etc.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and within budget
- Assist in defining the project's scope and objectives and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Verify project scope, project schedule, and project costs as they change
- Measure performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and relevant stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimise potential risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Take detailed ordering briefs from clients and clarify specific project requirements
- Assign project tasks based on junior staff members' strengths, skill sets, and experience
- Analyse the success of short- and long-term goals of a project
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Share comprehensive project plans with clients and other staff members
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven working experience in project management
- Clean current driving license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Microsoft Office and project management software experience
- Presentation skills and the ability to write high-quality reports and correspondence
- Ability to develop and track budgets
- Ability to coach, supervise, staff, improve processes, plan, and manage performance
- Ability to control inventory, costs, and risks
- Analytical, technical, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Possess great problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented
This position would suit an ambitious individual who is keen to get stuck into all areas of the business, managing our current client expectations, and working on general contract management.
If you have the required experience and are interested in this opportunity, then please send your CV and cover letter now.