Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for talented Counselor III who wants to make an impact in the lives of others.
Purpose & Impact:
Provide individual and family counseling to youth. Provide intake assessment, psycho/social, suicide risk, treatment planning. Provide in home crisis counseling as needed for families that may not be able to travel to the office. Advocate for clients with community agencies, courts, schools and etc. This may include attending: TURN - the multi-disciplinary team meetings and chairing TURN committees and CINS/FINS court proceedings. Act as lead clinical staff person for Non-Residential and Residential clinical staff. Participate in community outreach programs. Available to travel.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling to youth and their families within the home and communities of the clients.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling to families in crisis, as assigned.
- Assist in the completion of comprehensive assessments of families in crisis.
- Perform case management duties and be accessible via cell phone to assigned clients on a 24 hour basis.
- Provide direct support to client families in implementing their case plan through constructive, active participation in family life.
- Teach and assist parents in meeting the physical, mental and emotional needs of their children.
- Maintain an active caseload as assigned.
- Assist in the coordination of other community-based services to advocate for needs of clients on caseload.
- Assist in the provision of appropriate referrals for clients and assist in the linage of those referrals as necessary.
- Maintain professional communications and teamwork as appropriate contacts occur with the referral agency.
- Serve as advocate for family preservation/unity.
- Assist in the provision of follow-up monitoring and services to families on closed case status.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision sessions, and inter-agency staffing on clients as required.
- Staff cases, provide guidance and feedback to clinical staff including leading case staffing and monthly staff meetings
- Compile required reports on families on caseload and submit to supervisor in a timely manner, including progress notes, reports to appropriate agencies (e.g. DHH & C&F) and courts as the needs dictate.
- Review and sign off on client files and related documentation.
- Adhere professional standards and ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Possess a valid Florida driver's license and be able to use own vehicle to perform job duties in emergencies. Ability to travel locally and out of local area in the execution of professional duties and for training/conferences. Must be able to work long flexible hours.
Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or other related field. Licensed or eligible for licensure.
Five years of experience in counseling with a preference for adolescent and family counseling, facilitating group sessions and performing intake, psycho/social/risk assessments.
Good written and verbal communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal leadership skill. Ability to function in a team setting, and professionally serve a diverse and multi-cultural client population. Must have good organizational, verbal and written skills, Dependability, discretion and good judgement, ability to communicate effectively with clients, parents, co-workers, volunteers, governmental and other agencies and the general public.
Must be able to function in the community without the presence of direct supervision. Must be able to maintain high level of professional responsibility in reporting activities, conduct and schedule to supervisor.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural and socioeconomic characterizes and needs. Certified First Aid/CPR and crisis intervention. Valid driver's license and insurance required
- Reports to Clinical Director.
- Team player with co-workers, administrators and school personnel.
- Innovative delivery of counseling services and referrals
- Provision of accurate case records.
- Adherence to agency policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.