Apply for this job now
Cultivation Technician (NY)
- New York
- Job Type
- 3 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Reports to: Supervisor/Manager, Cultivation or Manager, Facility Operations
Position Overview: The Cultivation Technician is responsible for plant care in all stages of life-cycle cannabis growth to include germination, vegetative, flowering and harvest. The Technician journals, monitors and tracks all observations in the company's software tracking system.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
• Clone, plant, water, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
• Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
• Record information about plants and plant growth.
• Feel plants' leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease.
• Fill growing tanks with water.
• Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality.
• Clean work areas and maintain tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
• Check and water all plants in cultivation facility as outlined in the Daily Room-Checklist.
• Transplanting plants into larger containers as needed.
• Trimming plants in the vegetative stage and creating clones from material.
• Washing pots/trays/lights, etc. retuning them to the appropriate Clean Room
• Harvesting and Trimming flowering plants.
• Staking weak plants.
• Examining plants for signs of pests or disease.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
• All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
• 1-3 years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
• Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
• Working knowledge of medical cannabis and cannabis-infused product production from seed to sell. Alternatively, a background in horticulture and a willingness to learn.
• Experience with inventory control methods.
• Strong interpersonal skills including listening, negotiation, and conflict management,
• Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Travel %: Minimal
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
• The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position
- Job Reference: 676651605-2
- Date Posted: 3 August 2022
- Recruiter: TGS Global
- Location: New York
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent