CampusGuard, a Nelnet Company, provides information security services for campus-based organizations including higher education institutions, healthcare providers, city, county and state government agencies and hospitality markets. As a full-service information security firm, we leverage our knowledge combined with the industry standards for compliance and information security issues to provide our customers with world class information security & compliance services.
The Customer Relationship Manager coordinates the efforts of team members, and in some instances works with third-party contractors in order to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. They establish and maintain constant communication with customers including selling and reviewing contract services, configuring portal and online training access, coordinating vulnerability scan and penetration testing services, establishing and attending monthly project update calls, and keeping CampusGuard staff up-to-date on activities at assigned customer sites. testing services, establishing and attending monthly project update calls, and keeping CampusGuard staff up-to-date on activities at assigned customer sites. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Engage with customers and Security Advisors in order to fully comprehend and consequently define project scope, goals, and deliverables in order to support the business goals of our customers.
- Coordinate project Kick-Off Calls, Onsite Visit schedule of activities, Assessment Report and Roadmap Review Calls, and Monthly PCI Team calls.
- Promote and sell Annual Support Agreements, Consulting Services, Online Training, and other products and services offered by the Company.
- Develop and maintain loyal and trusted business relationships with our customers, managing all aspects of the customer relationship.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific project plans and associated communications.
- Plan and schedule project milestones and deliverables, and track to ensure timely delivery.
- Set realistic timelines by estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to fellow team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion.
- Continually manage project expectations with team members and customers.
- Build, develop, and grow any and all business relationships essential to the overall success of the project by maintaining integrity in all thoughts and actions.
- Maintain clear and candid communication with customers on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requests, documentation, and presentations as needed.
- Coordinate customer meetings, preparing agendas for each discussion and detailed notes if requested.
- Coordinate vulnerability scans and/or penetration tests, along with associated report delivery as determined by customer agreement(s).
- Provide input on customer communications through comments on articles, social media references, or news alerts on the latest in industry, Company, and customer news.
- Candidate agrees to complete the PCIP Course and obtain certification within six (6) months of start date.
Assist with sales and marketing activities:
- Participate in sales calls or presentations as needed
- Attend conferences as appropriate
- Other sales/marketing support duties as requested
Colorado candidates pay range for this role: $68,000-$70,000 EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Customer Relationship Manager must have sufficient service delivery knowledge and experience to coordinate customer project activities.
Minimum acceptable education requirements: Bachelors degree in Business Management or Project Management, or the equivalent, and/or 3 years experience in a Customer Relationship Management and/or Project Management capacity, including 1 year process development and execution (preferably at an institution of higher education).
Minimum acceptable work experience requirements:
Strong familiarity with project management.
Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential, with demonstrated experience in personnel management.
Direct experience with higher education electronic commerce a plus.
Experience in working with payment card industry / security requirements a plus. COMPETENCIES SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand the communication styles of customers that come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Gain the customers trust in order to form the foundation for effective communication, thereby increasing customer retention.
- Able to educate and influence our customers by explaining our services and recommending the appropriate services that will best fit their needs.
- Capable of adjusting to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a home office setting.
- Maintain integrity and honesty, while being persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Capable of eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including customers finance organization, IT and other departments, as well as Company personnel.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
(C=Core Competencies; F=Functional)
C- Strong interpersonal skills.
C- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
C- Proficient in conducting research into project-related issues.
C- Self-motivated, able to work independently with little support from others.
C- Self-directed, motivated, hard-working
C- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
C- Sales and/or up-sell experience required.
C- Adept at effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
F- Understanding of PCI DSS
F- Understanding of higher education
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK () .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at or .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.