Purpose of Job
Let's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
It is all about learning and growing.
Our Licensed Insurance Customer Service role may be a new career for you. There's a lot to learn. Our comprehensive, fully paid six-month training program including class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership independently.
Our in-office development program provides you the training you need on USAA products and the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style to service our membership. After six months in-office, you'll have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model where you can work from home 2-3 days a week.
We are currently seeking dedicated Property & Casualty (P&C) active producer/agents with an ACTIVE P&C producer agent license for future insurance customer service opportunities in 2022. Work schedules times will vary and may include some weekends. Military veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply.
We have new training classes starting every month.
As a Licensed Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will work within defined guidelines and framework, to provide customer service, sales, and retention activities for one or more of USAA's Property & Casualty personal line products. You will interact with our members across multiple contact channels (i.e. inbound phone calls, email, chat, social media, etc.) to provide adequate coverage and advice to help ensure members' financial security.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Facilitates the Property & Casualty (P&C) member experience by answering inbound phone calls, emails, and/or other contacts from members.
- Applies developing knowledge of personal lines insurance to assist members with foundational to moderately complex quotes, binding new business, rating, policy, billing, payment, underwriting, contract and coverage provisions, and premium changes for insurance products and services. Responsible for the respective trailing documents for all states.
- Identifies, assesses and understands member needs and consistently provides complete and accurate advice and solutions, including products and services. Provides thorough issue diagnosis while minimizing transfers, escalations and call backs.
- Uses the tools and resources available to support members with some assistance.
- Effectively operates in a contact center environment and navigate multiple systems/programs while maintaining an engaging member interaction that occurs across multiple channels.
- Required maintenance of Property & Casualty (P&C) license and state registrations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year of customer service experience in insurance, financial services and/or relevant direct customer service and/or sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, including navigating through multiple business applications
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- Current active personal lines or property and casualty license in your current state of residence/or state of hire
- US military service or military spouse
- Experience in a fast-paced contact center environment
- 1 year of sales/service experience in the Property & Casualty insurance industry.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The hiring range for this position is: $45,760 - $48,260 .
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Shift premium: Addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
This role will require you to work every Saturday.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.