At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality....designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web! Job Description
Brightspeed is looking for a Customer Service Technician to join our team! As a Customer Service Technician, you will be performing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment. You will also be maintaining and repairing outside plant facilities within assigned geographic service areas.
As a Customer Service Technician, you may be required to work varying shifts that include mandatory overtime, weekends, and holidays. As a Customer Service Technician your responsibilities will include:
QualificationsWHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment
- Performing maintenance and repair on outside plant facilities
- Climbing poles, using a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable, working in utility access holes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV), and locating buried telephone cables
- Observing all safety rules and regulations
- Assisting other technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested
- Actively supporting sales and marketing related activities
- Direct customer facing work and sales referrals
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or higher
- Ability to distinguish colors on facilities
- Ability to handle 28 ft extension ladders (up to 75 lbs. routine work) and utility access hole covers (up to 150 lbs.)
- Ability to successfully complete service tech boot camp training, POTS/DSL installation/repair, cable splicing/maintenance, basic transmissions, air pressure, and HSI installations (self and full)
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g. attics, crawl spaces, utility holes)
- Ability to work aloft (e.g. ladder)
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company's products and services to our customers
- Accountability/dependability (on time and on load when scheduled and serve on call as needed)
- Teamwork (technical expertise developed to complete work efficiently to achieve work group key service measures)
- Active Listening (ability to take input from customers, APS and co-workers to problem solve and improve skills)
- Ability to ask relevant questions to ensure problems are resolved quickly or to clarify information or directions
- Active Learning (curious seeker of added information and actively works to improve skills and knowledge)
Additional InformationWHY JOIN US?We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
- Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations technician
- Basic electricity training/certification or documented equivalent work experience.
- ADSL installation/repair experience (self/full installs)
- A+/Net + Certified Required Soft Skills
- This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to choose whether to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We are opening a new, state-of-the-art corporate HQ in Charlotte, NC and our current priority is to make it a truly vibrant destination by hiring talent in the greater Charlotte area who are interested in a hybrid remote/office work arrangement. As always, however, we are also open to providing sensible remote options to talent outside of the Charlotte area. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerVideos To Watch