HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What we need:
- We are adding a Engineering Technician to our HBF team in Hickory, NC!
Involved in technical support of engineering initiatives. Facility location will determine the various functional groups this role works with and may include: New Product Introduction, Quality, Engineering, Tailored Products Group, Plant Inspectors, shop floor members, installers and customers.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate relationship with appropriate groups for special model approval process, print and issues and shop floor readiness to ensure delivery processes align with fabrication capabilities
- Engage quality with prebuilding special units and/or ISO audits
- May be required to identify and trouble-shoot gaps in programming
- Review and respond to daily email of Specials, tentative reports, service requests
- Initiate, drive and support Rapid Continuous Improvements, Lean Initiatives, 90-day teams and special projects
- The quality aspects of this position may be to coordinate and support the introduction of special models, maintain gage calibration system and ISO certification and/or lead site visits as necessary.
- Participates in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
- Work with appropriate teams to coordinate PPAP, inspection, and verification activities
- Maintain product verification data and screens, for standard product and specials
- Act as customer voice
- Help determine root cause of problems when defects are found
- May be required to perform and maintain Underwriter Laboratories audit and files
- Conduct capability studies where identified
- May be required to create and issue Blue Sheet summaries for specials
What you have:
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of two years with HNI operations strongly preferred
- A minimum of five years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Programming experience may be preferred
What you're good at:
- Basic computer skills: includes (but not limited to): Outlook, Excel, Oracle, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility capabilities
- Track and carry projects from start to completion
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand the needs of internal and external customers, the business and the competitive landscape
- Effective communication skills to connect with LFO network and external customers
- Effectively utilize problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure with changing priorities and meeting deadlines with quality output
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Effective team player, willing to take initiative and drive issues to resolution when partnering with internal and external teams.
Travel Potential up to 40%
The operations environment has extreme fluctuations in temperature, humidity and dust
- Depending upon the location of the office within the operations facility, safety glasses, safety shoes and hearing protection may be mandated
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, stooping, standing and walking
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit, Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit .
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!