Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
We invite you to our Cardiac Catheterization Lab team as a Cardiovascular Technologist in the Anderson Medical Pavilion at the Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus. Scripps is recognized as the region's heart care leader for our innovative care and unparalleled commitment to quality. We are consistently named one of America's Best Hospitals for Cardiology and Heart surgery by U.S News & World Report. Scripps is at the forefront of structural heart disease diagnosis and treatment. Our physicians and researchers have developed and been the first to use several of the most advanced therapies and devices for structural heart disease. We are a teaching facility and host annual courses for practicing physicians and other medical professionals.
The CV Tech assists the physician as a scrub or monitor tech during diagnostic and therapeutic catheterization procedures and electrophysiological procedures. Assists with preparation of the patient for these procedures and maintains a therapeutic environment. Sets up, operates, and ensures proper functioning of equipment associated with the procedures. Monitors and records events, including the performance of hemodynamic calculations. Removes selected arterial and venous sheaths post-procedure. Assists with patient transportation. Participates in quality control, preventive maintenance and performance activities.
This is a full-time position and is located at the Anderson Medical Pavilion on the Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus. New Hire Incentive available up to $4,000 for those who qualify!
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years ago
In order to remain eligible for your retention incentive the following criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus unless specifically noted in your offer letter.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Technology program or minimum of six months recent experience in an Interventional Cath Lab.
- Technical competence in aspects of patient monitoring, diagnostic/therapeutic Cardiovascular Technology.
- Ability to manage/prioritize during a crisis or stressful situation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and follow instructions in English.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care provider.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- At least one year of experience working as a CV Tech in a Cardiac Cath Lab.
- EP and/or Cath Lab Scrub or Monitor experience.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.