As a Data and Analytics Director you will be responsible for HL Data Strategy and Engineering data assets in support of multiple Mortgage Banking products and functional areas. The role requires the ability to work in a complex data environment as well as the ability to partner with the Data & Analytics leads, Home Lending partners and Technology to find creative solutions to problems.
Candidates must possess advanced problem solving skills, the willingness to learn, and the ability to effectively communicate findings verbally and in written/presentation format. In addition, the Quant Analytics Director must have the ability to research and resolve issues independently but must possess a team player mentality. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker that will thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment and will mesh well with a team that prides itself on attention to detail and results.
This role will report directly to the Consumer Originations Data Owner Director, and work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Home Lending, CCB Data and Analytics, CCB Technology and second line functions, including Finance, Control and Risk.
Work Locations: Jacksonville FL or Plano TX Core Competencies/Key Priorities:
- Assure the integrity of data, including data extraction, manipulation, analysis, and reporting
- Design and develop data structures that enable reporting, modeling and analytics to be performed efficiently.
- Partner with business owners and Data & Analytic leads to implement new data sources and ensure consistent definitions in reporting and analytics
- Integrate Home Lending Data analytics with Hadoop, Hive, Python and other big data tools
- Perform in depth analysis of the Home Lending data and surface actionable recommendations in line with LOB partner goals and KPIs
- Have a strong understanding of data model, architecture and connectivity of systems along with servicing / refresh cycles and dependencies
- Possess strong documentation and organizational skills
- Exhibit exceptional attention to detail and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Have an ability to work effectively across functions and levels; comfort collaborating with teammates in a virtual environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Contribute to productive teamwork and a team that is committed to sharing information.
- Ability to lead projects independently and prepare executive communications to present to leadership
- Leadership and presence to engage with the highest levels of management at JPMorgan Chase
- Appreciation for controlled execution and applicable regulatory requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills to both partner with and influence stakeholders
- Advise on, monitor, and govern enterprise data that supports the execution of Home Lending business strategy
- Partner with other business leaders to assess opportunities, develop learning and implementation plans, and evaluate strategy
- Define processes for the effective introduction and integration of new data
- Motivate, mentor, develop, and scale a team of business data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers
- 7-10 years of experience in Data Strategy, Engineering and Governance with progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Deep subject matter expertise in data management, governance, and integration for analytics development and decision support
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (technical and non-technical), ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and action toward common goals
- Experience working with databases such as Teradata, SQL, Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of SQL variants
- Strong management and leadership skills, including demonstrated success leading organization through significant change to achieve results
- Ability to build trust-based relationships
- Proven strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills with ability to translate strategy into tactical plans
- Executive presence and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Results oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment with high expectations
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent
CCB Data & Analytics
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans