Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
None Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Experience leading big data analytics and big data platforms like Hadoop.
- Lead data sciences research and analysis projects, providing oversight and course corrections as required.
- Oversee and design research and analysis to improve business performance across and within multiple departments.
- Consult with DoD leadership to understand their changing business requirements.
- Leverage big data to discover patterns and solve strategic analytic business problems using massive structured and unstructured data sets in a Hadoop Environment.
- Oversee and develop analytic capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that drive better outcomes for DoD Customer.
- Review and report on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness.
- Review project models to ensure adherence to standards.
- Build logical models and work with database administrators to understand and build the physical model and overall data architecture.
- Work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems.
- Provide education on the naming and modeling standards; assists with modeling specific constructs.
- Ensure data quality alignment.
- Work on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas.
- Ensure that data analysis goals are met.
- Be a thought and people leader within the program.
- Be able to clearly communicate with team members.
- Make thoughtful and reasonable decisions.
- Be professional in taking management actions and communicating actions to team members.
- Support business analysts and developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications.
- Serve as a thought leader and strong communicator with senior leaders, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate and conduct facilitation sessions to gather requirements.
- Contribute to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
- Develop and execute ideas for improved business decisions across multiple components of the DoD.
- Masters Degree in computer science, mathematics, management science, engineering, economics, social science, operations research or related:
- Seven (7) years experience in data science, advanced analytics, and model building (experience and education considered together)
- Experience managing or supervising personnel or projects
- Experience leading in a team environment
- DoD experience is desired
- Top Secret clearance is REQUIRED
Seaside, CA, Washington, DC/Virginia
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.