Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galens fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other. Benefits
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Bonus Pay Opportunities
- Mental Health coverage
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students success. If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, wed love to talk! Position Overview
Galen College of Nursing is looking for a Dean to provide accountable leadership for the academic programs, community and hospital partnerships, and serves as an integral member of the College and Campus management team. This position will also ensure teaching excellence, faculty and student engagement, and student success in accordance with established regulations, accreditation standards, and the mission of Galen College of Nursing. Position Responsibilities
- May be designated as nursing program administrator role for regulatory agencies, state boards of nursing, and programmatic accreditors (see addendum).
- Directs, leads, and supervises all academic aspects of the campus.
- Creates and is accountable for the strategic direction and vision for the delivery of quality, responsive curriculum and programs.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors fiscal resources and secures funding to support educational initiatives.
- Provides leadership to ensure that students and graduates achieve the student learning outcomes, program outcomes, and role-specific graduate competencies.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the systematic plan for evaluation is implemented.
- Provides leadership to ensure that aggregated and trended evaluation findings are used to inform decision making for the maintenance and improvement of the student learning outcomes and program outcomes; shares these findings with communities of interest.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the number of full-time faculty is sufficient to ensure that the student learning outcomes and program outcomes are achieved within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures the availability of resources required for faculty (full and part-time) to maintain expertise in their areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) to ensure that faculty maintains expertise in their areas of responsibility and performance reflects scholarship and evidence-based teaching and clinical practices.
- Ensures that the number, utilization, and credentials of staff and non-nurse faculty are sufficient to achieve the program goals and outcomes.
- Ensures the availability of adequate resources to orient and mentor faculty (full and part-time) in their areas of responsibility.
- Ensures the timely and systematic assessment of faculty (full- and part-time) performance; offers guidance to program director(s) when faculty performance requires improvement
- Collaborates with online leadership to ensure the availability of adequate resources for faculty (full- and part-time) to engage in ongoing development and receive support for instructional and distance technologies.
- Provides leadership in the development of policies for students, ensuring that they are congruent with the College, publicly accessible, and non-discriminatory.
- Ensures the appropriate application of student policies and the correct implementation of related procedures by program directors, faculty, and staff.
- Ensures the availability of adequate resources to provide student services that are commensurate with the needs of students, including those receiving instruction using alternative methods of delivery.
- Provides leadership to ensure the implementation of policies and procedure that allows program complaints and grievances to receive due process and include evidence of resolution.
- Ensures that orientation to technology is provided and technological support is available to students.
- Provides leadership to ensure that the curriculum is developed by the faculty and regularly reviewed to ensure integrity, rigor, and currency; ensures that accreditation standards and criteria are used as they relate to curriculum.
- Provides leadership to ensure that practice learning environments support the achievement of student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Provides leadership to ensure that learning activities, instructional materials, and evaluation methods are appropriate for all delivery formats and consistent with the student learning outcomes.
- Provides leadership to ensure that fiscal, physical, and learning resources are sustainable and sufficient to ensure the achievement of the student learning outcomes and program outcomes.
- Provides leadership to ensure that fiscal, physical, technological, and learning resources are sufficient to meet the needs of the faculty and students engaged in alternative methods of delivery.
- Participates in governance activities; ensures the availability of representation by the program director(s) and faculty in governance activities; ensures opportunities for student representation in governance activities.
- Ensures that communities of interest have input into the program processes and decision making; facilitates the implementation of recommendations and input as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively to establish and maintain partnerships that promote excellence in education, enhance the profession, and benefit the community.
- Orients and mentors the program director(s) to the role.
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) and has shared responsibility for the development and administration of the program; ensures that the program director(s) has adequate time and resources to fulfill the role responsibilities.
- Provides leadership to the program director(s) in the preparation and administration of the program budget; ensures faculty input.
- Provides leadership in the development of policies for faculty and staff to ensure that they are comprehensive and provide for the welfare of faculty and staff.
- Ensures the timely submission of reports and documentation appropriate regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, and/or State Board(s) of Nursing.
- Conducts Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings according to the committee description outlined in the/Faculty Handbook/. Facilitates active participation from the committee members (students, graduates, professional nurses, mid-level and senior level nursing administrators.
- Engages with members of the healthcare community to gain insight about emerging nursing education and workforce needs.
- Engages with community and nursing leaders to build collaborative relationships that help expand Galens nursing programs.
Doctorate degree is required. Other Requirements:
Five (5) years of senior level experience in higher education and possesses a distinguished record of excellence in teaching and nursing; clinical practice in Nursing as noted in CV. Demonstrated success in development of community relationships; experience in planning and budgeting; excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a record of professional involvement as evidenced in CV. Licensure & Special Qualifications (where applicable):
Per State Board of Nursing Requirements.Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment: Position requires critical thinking, reading, planning, preparing, evaluating, and decision making. Physical demands in classroom and office are minimal and considered sedentary work with occasional lifting and/or carrying such articles as records, files, and books (10 pounds maximum). Operation of standard office equipment such as phone, computer, classroom projector, Scantron, and printer/scanner, occurs on a frequent basis. Physical demands in the clinical area may include lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, stooping, crouching and bending or any other related activity. Travel may be required.Degree of Supervision: Minimal./ /
/At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education..... click apply for full job details