Pediatrician with Interest in Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
Major New York Teaching Hospital
Northwell Health is seeking a part-time (0.8 FTE) pediatrician interested in Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics to join the Division of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics at Staten Island University Hospital, a teaching hospital of the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine.
The ideal candidate will have experience in general pediatrics, including exposure to developmental and behavioral disorders. Further training will be provided to diagnose and manage attention deficit disorders, autism spectrum disorders, behavioral issues, cerebral palsy, genetic abnormalities (e.g., Down syndrome), sleep and feeding disorders, and educational problems involving speech, language, and/or learning. Highlights include:
- The Department of Pediatrics has a 20-bed in-patient unit with close to 2,000 discharges per year, a 4-bed PICU, and a state-designated level III NICU. There are 3,000 annual newborn deliveries, 10,000 ambulatory faculty practice visits, and 20,000 pediatric emergency department visits.
- Our team consists of one developmental/behavioral pediatrician, two nurse practitioners, and one clinical psychologist, all of whom will participate in training the candidate for this position and then work collaboratively with him/her.
- Responsibilities include patient care, supervision of residents and medical students, and participation in clinical research.
- Specialists in all areas of Pediatrics are available, including Neurology, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, and Genetics
- Opportunities are available for inter-disciplinary collaboration with professionals in speech and language, audiology, occupational and physical therapy, and neuropsychology. The Early Intervention Program is also available for children that qualify.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City s fastest growing borough. Occupying two large campuses and a number of community-based health centers and labs, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island, the New York metropolitan region, and to patients from around the world. Please see a hospital tour here: .
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, and Manhattan can be reached via ferry or in less than 30 minutes by car. The small town in the Big City affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, world class culture and education and a neighborhood to fit every preference.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Academic appointment with the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is commensurate with credentials and experience.
For additional information and to apply, please contact: Office of Physician Recruitment,