Job Title Director of Logistics and Warehousing
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We are seeking a Director of Logistics and Warehousing who will work closely with Executive Management in the development of Strategic Plan and corporate goals/objectives. Influence and assists other areas of the business to align with and achieve corporate objectives as well as to achieve Corporate Warehouse objectives. Essential position duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop divisional/multi-site/corporate logistics project plans, goals and objectives consistent with the Company's Strategic Plan. Cascades information regarding Strategic Plan to management team to ensure Department is fully aligned with the organization.
- Develop and manages budget and utilizes corporate resources to maximize effectiveness across the organization.
- Mentor and coach employees, sharing job specific knowledge. Encourages training and development opportunities.
- Manage performance through clear goal setting; engages in timely and meaningful performance evaluations and discussions to foster an environment of open communication.
- Represent the Company in negotiations with suppliers, service providers and/or customers where outcomes have a significant impact on the company's profitability and success.
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives and fosters an environment where continuous improvement activities thrive. Leads with a sense of urgency that results in a commitment to quality results.
- Utilize comprehensive/in-depth understanding of customer requirements and focuses on high leverage opportunities to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Ensures all members of division(s)/functional areas of responsibility are committed to proactively meeting or exceeding customer needs. Demands excellent relationships with external and internal customers by setting an example for management team.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to break down organizational barriers. Promotes an environment of collaboration, trust and professional relationships. Demonstrates highest level of commitment to teamwork and supports cross functional team involvement.
- Set the standard for positive employee relations by treating all employees with dignity and respect, and by ensuring consistent and fair implementation of company policies across divisions/sites within areas of responsibility.
- Champion safety as an integral part of everyone's job and holds self and employees accountable to highest standard of safe conduct.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Regular attendance in the workplace is required for interaction with others and to support teamwork.
- Under the direction of Vice President or CEO, is expected to take actions and make decisions to execute business plans to ensure organization success.
- Management and leadership require originality and ingenuity and has a significant bearing on corporate effectiveness.
- Be a role model for demonstrating a sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer requirements and quality expectations.
- Coaches Managers to bring out the best in employees so that the entire division(s) performs in like manner. Champions continuous improvement.
- Projects/areas of responsibility are very broad and/or complex. The scope of responsibility, influence and/or impact on the organization is corporate-wide and may also include impact on other group companies.
- Ensures commitment to the most cost effective, accurate and timely implementation of projects and activities.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding performance metrics for division/site/functional area.
- Manages Senior Level Managers with advanced or specialized skills in a division and/or multiple sites.
- Responsible for international compliance (USMCA)
About the schedule:
This position requires travel approximately 30% of the time.
- A Master's Degree in a related field is preferred
- Fifteen or more years of professional experience, with at least eight years of management experience is required.
- Material handling industry experience and experience in the technical competencies of the functional area of responsibility preferred.
It would be great if you:
- Possess and apply a comprehensive/in-depth knowledge of leadership, management and project management concepts, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate and apply comprehensive/in-depth knowledge of business, the material handling industry and our competitors, and technical expertise in functional area of responsibility.
- Successfully integrates such knowledge into day-to-day activities and decisions to positively impact the organization.
- Are recognized as a business and technical leader for the organization.
- Have exceptional analytical abilities and interpersonal skills are required. Requires exceptional listening, communication and negotiation skills.
- Set a leadership example and foster a team environment by demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
- Have exceptional organization skills and excellent computer skills required.
- Can communicate effectively both orally and in writing as well as demonstrate exceptional listening skills to foster an environment of two-way, open communication in all interactions.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $141,000 - $180,400.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program