Why Choose Us
Canyon Surgery Center is a physician-owned ambulatory surgery center that specializes in the following: Orthopedic, Orthopedic Hand, Gynecology, Plastic, Podiatry, and Urology.
Our highly skilled and experienced physicians allow Canyon Surgery Center to provide our patients the most advance medical procedures and personalized care. We not only meet, but exceed the expectations of our patients and referring physicians.
Our team comes with a strong history of excelling and striving to meet our company mantra of the TRIPLE DELIGHT, to delight our patients, physicians and employees, it's the MAGIC FORMULA for success!
Our success depends on individuals who go the extra mile to WOW and delight our customers.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability Insurance
- 401k matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Schedule that offers work/life balance with weekend's off
- Competitive Pay Rates
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Director of Nursing is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Surgery Center. This includes but is not limited to overseeing the scheduling of procedures, inventory control, QA/ QI, staff credentialing, preventative maintenance and safety, risk management and all related supporting services of the ambulatory surgical center and its personnel.
EDUCATION and/ or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse License
- Previous OR and DON experience in an ASC environment is required
- Ortho and PACU Experience a plus!
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
- ASC experience is required
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
The main function of the Director of Nursing is that of leadership and promotion of cooperative staff effort. The Director of Nursing is responsible for the allocation and completion of assigned functions in daily operations. This is a busy ASC - Experience in this space is required.
Areas of accountability of the Director of Nursing are outlined as follows:
- Monitor day-to-day internal flow and physician relationships
- Assist in Pre-Op, PACU, and O.R.
- Coordination of activity within the O.R. suite.
- Maintain adherence to operating policy/procedure manuals
- Monitor daily staffing of employees and assignments.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team members.
- Responsibility for performance evaluation of all department personnel.
- Coordination of the provision and control of materials, supplies, and equipment with the Materials Manager.
- Risk Manager Designee.
- Maintain Employee Files.
- Monitor payroll/ overtime