The Reality Labs teams at Meta build our VR, AR, Glasses, and Portal devices. The potential of these products to connect the world is immenseand were just getting started. Come join the Camera & Depth team to ship emerging technologies to hundreds of millions, driving the state-of-the-art forward with breakthrough work in camera and depth sensing, and new ways to deliver social presence. We are currently seeking an experienced leader who has extensive experience in depth perception development and/or photographic imaging for consumer electronics. You will guide and grow an organization of signal processing engineers and scientists that develop and productize innovative, computationally-efficient algorithms and real-time signal processing pipelines for 2D and 3D imaging and perception applications for products that redefine how people connect, play, and work.You must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills. You are deeply familiar with state-of-the-art developments in the image quality and depth fields, you thrive in providing strong and visionary leadership to your team, enhancing and developing a high performing organization, and you drive a culture of trust, collaboration, and innovation. Required Skills:
Director, Signal Processing, Imaging & Depth, RL Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of signal processing technology northstars for each of our product lines, and our technology roadmaps to reach those goals, in the imaging and depth perception domains.
- Lead the creation & execution of signal processing pipelines, spanning software and hardware across our 2D and 3D imaging products, to enable delivery of best-in-class experience to our end users.
- Lead execution of product end-to-end image quality production, and delivery to internal customers of low-latency and computationally-efficient depth pipeline and machine pipeline signals (refined point-cloud and machine perception image).
- Implement best-practice development methodologies for algorithms, validation and implementation.
- Center the organization on delivery to product and identify technology and execution gaps.
- Provide team leadership, guidance, feedback, coaching and mentorship. Advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion within the organization.
- Build a high performance group of imaging scientists and camera algorithm developers with diversified backgrounds. Provide both high level technical direction and career coaching to team members to deliver best work and maximize team members career growth opportunities.
- Maintain strong cross-functional relationships with other teams. Work closely with cross functional teams in C&D system architecture and engineering, silicon, SW, tech and product management to ensure alignment on priorities and milestones for strong execution on deliverables, and a steady stream of improved performance.
- Identify, manage and lead relationships and partnerships with third parties to ensure efficient collaborations on leading-edge technologies and services, such as in embedded computing and image signal processors.
- Maintain a knowledge of the key industry and academic players, as well as industry trends and disruptive technologies. Assess and recommend emerging technologies through close partnership with external, industry leading suppliers.
- 10+ years experience leading an organization that ships production Software, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Camera imaging or other related field solutions.
- 5+ years experience leading technical teams in Imaging Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Color Science or related fields.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in mobile compute processors and hardware acceleration, with focus on low power consumption.
- Knowledgeable in industry trends and 2D and 3D imaging fundamentals.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to work across teams.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end imaging and perception pipelines.
- Interest for driving machine vision interfaces to their quality limit.
- Experience building and scaling healthy organizations, including recruiting and performance management.
- Strong product understanding of user experiences leveraging imaging inputs.
- Experience with joint hardware-software development cycle in consumer electronics.
- Experienced with rapid prototyping associated with technology bringup.
- Good understanding of imaging and depth sensing system architectures and their integration requirements.
- Experience in statistical signal processing.
- Familiar with industry trends in photographic imaging features in the market.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Imaging Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Color Science with 5+ years of hands-on working experience.
- Working knowledge across the following areas with detailed experience in at least one: 1) 3D Computer Vision algorithm development. 2) Image quality algorithm development. 3) Real time machine learning development on mobile platforms or similar compute constraint edge devices. 4) Hardened ISP design and development. 5) Computational photography algorithm development. 6) Image/Video encoder/decoder algorithms and frameworks.
Internet Equal Opportunity:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .