Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs. Position Summary:
The position will be responsible for partnering with senior leadership across R&D to define and implement the sourcing vision to support R&D deliverables.Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Identify, develop and lead vendor management and external partnerships within R&D and establish governance with key partners.
- Establish and cultivate effective internal and external partnerships to meet Horizon's business requirements related to quality, delivery, and timelines
- Develop and implement analytics/metrics to improve decision making, measure value, and enable a more strategic view of the portfolio, including development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure vendor performance and drive business goals and improvements
- Establish and lead governance across clinical vendor relationships (CRO, IRT, Clinical Sample Management, Central Labs), manage governance plan, and provide guidance to key stakeholders
- Formulate the request for information (RFI) and requests for proposals (RFP) supporting multiple clinical trials; includes MSAs, SOWs, etc.
- Develop outsourcing strategies through contract management phase to ensure cost savings and inclusion of appropriate business terms
- Along with the clinical teams, provide oversight into vendor performance through the development of risk and issue management processes, ensuring GxP compliance and alignment with continuous improvement practices
- Provide 2nd tier escalation point for trial teams to resolve vendor issues by assisting internal and external teams with mitigation plans
- Experience with all aspects of vendor oversight or alliance management from vendor selection, contract development, selection, to performance management (i.e. - portfolio oversight), and continuous improvement of the vendor base, both individually as well as at a programmatic level
- Participate in Executive Level Vendor Relationship meetings to present status, issue escalate and identify paths to resolution.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- BS degree in related field, scientific background. Advanced degree preferred .
- 1 3+ years experience in pharmaceutical clinical research.
- Strong comprehensive and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson (currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.