Currently, we have a multiple openings for Distribution Engineers for electric utility engineering. These positions will be working with our fast growing and dynamic Power Distribution Engineering team. These roles will require working directly with clients, and ensuring the Leidos reputation of high quality is maintained.
Multiple locations across Michigan are needed, including: Traverse City, Cadillac/Ludington/Big Rapids, Flint, and Lancing.
Background must haves
- Associates Of Science (preferably engineering) from an accredited college or university and 4+ years of relevant experience OR a Bachelors Of Science (preferably engineering) and 2+ years of relevant experience OR a Master's and 1+ year of relevant experience. Bachelors degree or higher is preferred. Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred). Additional experience may be used in place of education.
- Execution of distribution projects from kickoff through design approved
- QAQC expertise
- Customer interaction
- Process documentation
- Experience with the NESC and/or CA GO95
- (Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates)
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
Nice to haves
- Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Man hole experience
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, O-Calc, Spida-Calc
- Experience using MicroStation--performing Electrical Distribution design
- Experience with Joint Use and Colocation projects
- Experience with rear to front lot conversion projects
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Excellent time management
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain experience / expertise in:
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design
- Project management
- Financial management
10%-30% working with client in office or field visit
60%-80% Engineering and development of design pkgs for customer
10% admin/planning/customer followup
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's World's Most Ethical Companies.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.