Currently, we have an opportunity for Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. This position will be working with our growing Power Distribution Engineering team. This role will require QA/QC of both simple and complex engineering projects, working directly with clients, and ensuring the Leidos reputation of high quality is maintained.
Ideal candidate will be located in West Virginia (near Charleston area) but all qualified candidates located anywhere within the U.S. will be considered.
Background must haves:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree or equivalent experience is required and two (2)+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's degree and relevant experience: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT/FE credentials or PE license is preferred)
- Experience with Voltage Conversion projects, Road Widening Projects, Major Underground Projects, Conductor replacements, and OH to UG conversions
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- Local customer/job related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates
Nice to haves:
- Experience providing estimated costs, development of a BOM, calculating the CIAC
- Experience with design tools such as Pole Foreman, SOCKET, SPIDAcalc
- Experience using MicroStation--performing Electrical Distribution design
- Experience with design standards
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership training
- Management opportunities
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Structural Pole Modeling
- Electrical Power Calculations
- GIS design training
- Project management
- Financial management
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world's toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits . We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.