More about your role
As an Electrician working within our Voids and Responsive Works team, you will carry out electrical works to new kitchen & bathroom installations to all internal and external clients within your area, primarily our domestic housing portfolio. Your main duties will include 1st and 2nd fix installation work, consumer unit changes, electrical rewires, wiring upgrades, minor works repairs as required, & electrical testing after completion of works.
You will be responsible for ensuring all works are carried out on time and within the Groups policies and procedures with regards to Health & Safety, housing management and maintenance.
You will be working in the Bristol and South west area.
For more information, please download our job profile available on our website.
More about you
You will have previous experience working within social housing or domestic properties and will have ideally worked in response and voids previously.
- A driving licence is essential
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- City and Guilds 2382 relevant to the current edition of BS7671 (18th edition would be desirable but not essential)
- As part of our employment checks, this role will require you to complete a satisfactory Basic DBS check
We are a large diverse and ambitious business, which will give you all the challenge you could wish for.
We know that there's always more we can do to make you smile, that's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package with each role, yours will include:
- Competitive salary, with a salary review yearly
- Company Van with fuel card
- Equipment including Power Pack tools and tablet provided
- PPE and Full uniform provided
- Pension with matched contributions up to 7%
- Excellent holiday package - up to 35 days annual leave with the option to buy or sell leave
- Overtime as and when required
- Cashback plan for healthcare costs - up to £500 saving per year
- A bonus scheme for all colleagues at 2%
- Training and development
- Extra perks including huge discounts and offers from shops, cinemas and much more.
More about us
We are Places for People Group, we're a social enterprise that believes it's more than just homes that make a community - it's people. That's why we build homes and manage communities where everyone can thrive.
But we aren't your typical company. We apply the same philosophy to our People as we do to our communities, ensuring our team is appreciated and supported. At Places for People, you're more than just a number - you're a part of our cause.
If you meet the criteria and are ready to make the next step in your career then click apply. You will be redirected to our careers site where you can discover more about the role, read a full job description and apply directly to us.