In general, all Electrician roles are required to repair, install, replace, program, and test all electrical circuits, and equipment. Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs or installation of automatic electrical and electronic controls.
What you will do:
- Perform routine electrical/electronic preventative maintenance on mill equipment
- Responsible for the repair, modification, and maintenance of a variety of electrical and electronic equipment
- Perform tasks like wiring circuits, replacing components, and repairing electronic devices
- Performs test reading using several different instruments, including multi-meter and Megger.
- Remain current in technical changes or equipment designs by attending classes as needed.
- Work rotating shifts, which includes nights, holidays, weekends, and overtime as scheduled or required.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience you will need:
- High School or GED
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
- Background in Electrical fundamentals
- Must have knowledge in 3 phase and single-phase power distribution systems, motor controls, wiring, and troubleshooting of such systems.
- Experience with 480-volt power and logic circuits
- Strong computer, math, analytical, and planning skills
- Must be able to understand and follow electrical schematics proficiently without supervision
- Familiar with machine control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot (complex) machine control systems
- Identify the features and functions of controllers
- Describe and compare pneumatic and electronic controllers
- Identify the signal path through a control circuit
- A combination of higher education and experience will be taken into consideration
- Eligible to legally work in the United States without employer sponsorship
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis when required
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- Consistent, predictable attendance
What will make you stand out
- VFD drives experience
- PLC Experience
- Able to interpret PLC logic as it relates to its application to process and equipment for troubleshooting purposes
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
Benefits starting Day 1
Competitive starting pay
A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
401k with company match
Paid vacations and holidays
Safety is one of West Fraser's core values and our employees can expect a challenging, stable work environment with career development opportunities.
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser is a growing company that believes strongly in promoting from within and prides itself on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace