West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world's largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer a competitive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401-K savings plans with company match, and vacation.
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Electrician position is responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or repair
- Troubleshoot, program and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Identify and troubleshoot objects using electrical control schematics
- Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
- Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
- Update power distribution system, MCC and switch gears
- Install electrical equipment consisting of variable frequency drives, diagnose hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot various optimizations systems
Required skills and experience include:
- Lock-out procedures
- Field Level Hazard Risk Assessments (FLHRA)
- Electrical circuitry and components, including circuit breakers, motors and controllers, control devices, motor theory, rigging, precision alignments
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Predictive and preventative maintenance
- Computer and PLC skills
- Able to use hand and power tools and to understand proper use, including multi-meters, knowledge of 480 volt 3 Phase AC
Other required skills:
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Have 4-5 years of Electrician work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Allen Bradley PLC5
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Allen Bradley Panelviews
- Allen Bradley Communications - Devicenet & Ethernet
- Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Porter, USNR)
- Process Network Communication Systems and Components - Ethernet & Fiber Optic
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: /jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please. Please attach your resume to your online profile.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
- Pre employment drug screen, physical and background check .
- Willing to work holidays and weekends, along with overtime when needed.
- 4 year(s): Electrician work experience in Industrial/Manufacturing environment