West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America add the largest softwood lumber producer globally! !
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us.
Our Huttig, Arkansas Sawmill division is currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment using programmable logic controllers
- Identify and troubleshoot objects using electrical control schematics
- Install variable frequency drives, diagnose hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot various optimization systems
Required skills and experience include:
- Lock-out Procedures
- Field Level Hazard Risk Assessments (FLHRA)
- Electrical circuitry and components, including circuit breakers, motors and controllers, control devices, motor theory, rigging, precision alignments
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Predictive and preventative maintenance
- Computer and PLC skills
- Able to use hand and power tools and to understand proper use, including multi-meters, knowledge of 480 volt 3 Phase AC
- Able to work on call shifts and work night shifts
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process and attach your resume as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)