Covid Vaccine Incentive $250!
Our Electrician position is responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
What you will do:
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or repair
- Troubleshoot, program, and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Identify and troubleshoot objects using electrical control schematics
- Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
- Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints, and schematics
- Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
- Update power distribution system, MCC, and switch gears
- Install electrical equipment consisting of variable frequency drives, diagnose hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Maintain and troubleshoot various optimizations systems
Required skills you will need:
- Lock-out procedures
- Field Level Hazard Risk Assessments (FLHRA)
- Electrical circuitry and components, including circuit breakers, motors, and controllers, control devices, motor theory, rigging, precision alignments
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Predictive and preventative maintenance
- Computer and PLC skills
- Able to use hand and power tools and to understand proper use, including multi-meters, knowledge of 480 volt 3 Phase AC
- Be willing to work rotating shifts, overtime and to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
Experience you will need:
- Must have 2 years of experience in industrial electrical/electronics and/or Associates Degree in industrial electrical maintenance
- Allen Bradley PLC5
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000
- Allen Bradley Panelviews
- Allen Bradley Communications - Devicenet & Ethernet
- Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Porter, USNR)
- Process Network Communication Systems and Components - Ethernet & Fiber Optic
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Relocation is available for this role
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser:
West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within - many of our employees have built their careers with us. West Fraser is a growing company that believes strongly in promoting from within and prides ourself on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace