Our Development & Permits department is seeking an Engineering Technician III to provide complex technical and administrative support to the Development Construction division.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to do the following:
- Have practical understanding using mathematics involving fractions, percentages, proportions, and geometric construction.
- Determine costs for various aspects of development construction projects.
- Research, review, analyze, and update project plans.
- Provide customer service-related functions with assisting the general public, customers, and consultants regarding construction and development questions and administrative assistance.
- Reviews franchise utility and other various Right-of-Way permit applications for permit issuance.
- Complex ability in letter writing, documentation, composes original reports, and distributing correspondence between Departments and outside customers.
- Coordinate and schedule inspections and manage inspection reports.
- Prepare and maintain various reports and records.
- Have a general understanding of construction of roadway, drainage systems and utilities, and good working knowledge of engineering and construction practices and principles.
- Have a basic understanding of the phases of development, land use, and construction processes.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate's degree in engineering or a closely related field.
In addition to satisfying the vocational/education standards, this class requires a minimum of two years of related, full-time equivalent experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Specialized certifications may be necessary based on departmental requirements. Depending on departmental operational requirements, may also require valid driver's license and driving record in compliance with the City Driving Standards
Employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies. Emergency
operations support work and work locations may be outside of normal job duties.
DEQ Program Administrator Certified