Job Description & Requirements
Faculty Anesthesiologist in Iowa
A Midwest Big Ten University with a longstanding history of academic excellence seeks a qualified faculty anesthesiologist to join its department. For this academic opportunity, the successful candidate must be board-eligible or board-certified and interested in academic medicine, teaching, and/or research. Leadership opportunities available for candidates with experience.
- Needs in several clinical areas - general, cardiac, pediatric, neuro, transplant, pediatric cardiac, and OB
- Join a growing team in an established Department of Anesthesiology
- Only academic medical center in the state
- Clinical teaching position with opportunities for research if desired
- Operate under a medical direction model, supervising residents, student nurse anesthetists, and CRNAs
- Monday-Friday schedule that consists of clinical care, education, and research
- Enjoy pre-call and post-call days off plus 20% protected time for non-clinical duties
Graded A+ by Niche , this Midwest metro offers a diverse culture with a unique and engaging spirit. It is a safe, affordable, and friendly place to live.
About the Company
- Regularly earns national accolades for its quality of life
- Outstanding public schools, typically ranked in the top 1% nationally
- A vibrant downtown with seasonal festivities, great restaurants, and boutique shops
- World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of literary, musical, and cultural opportunities
- Gorgeous custom homes built on large lots with prices under $150/sq ft.
- Easy drive to Chicago, Madison, St. Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, and Minneapolis
- International airport access
- Gracious and hospitable Midwest population conducive to excellent patient/physician
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES